Michaelsen stepping down as WUSA news director

Discuss anything related to news from or about Gannett.

Michaelsen stepping down as WUSA news director

Unread postby Gannettoid » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:23 pm

Gannett's flagship television station, WUSA in Washington, D.C., is looking for its ninth news director in 14 years after Tuesday's announcement that Lane Michaelsen is leaving the job for a similar one with WTVJ-TV in Miami.

Read the story at www.Gannettoid.com/wusachange.html
Gannettoid
Site Admin

Re: Michaelsen stepping down as WUSA news director

Unread postby Guest » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 am

This is an even bigger deal that it looks to be. Lane, along with Harvey Mars and Anne Saul are the Three Amigos who rolled out the video plan across newspaper newsrooms (back when they were still called newsrooms). Now, 2.5 years after that rollout they are all gone.

Unread postby Hilldweller » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:30 pm

Harvey Mars is gone! I don't know how he has survived all of these years doing nothing but drawing a paycheck. I always suspected he had pictures of somebody in a safety deposit box somewhere.
Hilldweller

Unread postby odat11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm

i was hired when dave pierce was the nd he was followed by one psycopath after another. i and my co-workers suffered for the next 22yrs till i took early retirement. by far ardie dirks was the the best nd i have ever worked for. to bad ch9 did not have the wisdom to keep her around. she had the balls to fire dave jones[my boss] after he assaulted a operations guy, this man was completely nuts.if someone wan to write a paper for their masters or phd on how to take the #1 station in a major market and turn it into the #4 station that was having trouble beating the simpsons at the 11pm time slot. steve in st. petersburg florida
odat11

Return to GANNETT NEWS