Memo details site search upgrades

Discuss anything related to news from or about Gannett.

Memo details site search upgrades

Unread postby Gannettoid » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Gannett Digital is in the process of improving the site search feature on its Web sites for its newspaper and broadcast properties.

In a memo sent Thursday and obtained by Gannettoid.com, Kevin Poortinga said some sites will begin launching the changes soon, but the larger deployment will continue through the first quarter of 2010.

READ THE MEMO AT www.Gannettoid.com/gcisearch.html
Gannettoid
Site Admin

Re: Memo details site search upgrades

Unread postby Hilldweller » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:04 pm

About time. When searching for an article on our site, our webmaster says we should use . . . google.
Hilldweller

Unread postby newsie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:40 am

Hilldweller wrote:About time. When searching for an article on our site, our webmaster says we should use . . . google.

(Giggle) I used to work there and couldn't find a darned thing on the site. I'd go to Google and type (example) "looking for this" AND lohud.com. I hope this new system is more efficient.
newsie

Unread postby tcdude » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Showed this memo from here to a Gannetteer who SHOULD have been one of the first ones (relatively) to know about it. . .and it was news to that person. So still slow on disseminating thru the organization.
tcdude

Return to GANNETT NEWS