Gannett sites nearing Legacy.com launch
Gannettoid.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 • Afternoon report
Gannett continues to move closer to having all sites use an automated obituary service.
In a memo sent today, Gannett Digital's director of deployment, Jeff Book, said more than 30 sites are already using Legacy.com and others will when they launch the use of Wave 2.
Here is the memo:
Deployment notice: Legacy.com
This message was sent with High importance.
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 11:16 AM
To: Publishers/Newspaper Operating Unit Heads (USCP Only); Advertising Executives; Editors of Gannett Daily Newspapers; Editors2 of Gannett Daily Newspapers; GannettOnlineList; (e-mail address removed)
Cc: Saridakis, Chris; Dickey, Robert; Giallombardo, Leslie; Gould, Annette; GMTI Customer Support; GCI C1 Staff; Morneau, Mark; Baker, Rick; Legler, Phil; Martin, Stacey; Peragallo, Wayne; Genovese, Gasper; Bateman, Peter; Bolger, Bill
Gannett Digital, in coordination with US Community Publishing, would like to remind everyone of our plans to use Legacy.com for our local obituary sections. You may recall an email by Leslie Giallombardo that announced the US Community Publishing decision to use this service across all of our community sites. Over 30 of our community sites are already using Legacy.com, and all other sites will launch Legacy.com in conjunction with their Wave 2 launch.
Here are the details surrounding how the Legacy.com product launches will occur:
• Obituary feeds (Wave 2 & Legacy.com): All directions involving feeds will come from Annette Gould (Wave 2 Project Manager) direct to your local IT staff. If you have already started the Wave 2 launch in your market, your local IT staff would have already received the instructions and are working to meet the requirements.
•Legacy.com product launch: Gannett Digital has provided co-brand materials for all US Community Publishing sites to Legacy.com. We will be using the full header/footer design to match your community sites. There is nothing you need to provide to set up or launch your Legacy.com product.
• Ad placements: Each co-branded site will have a 728x90_1, 728x90_2 and 300x250_2 ad placement. All inventory has been created in Helios by our national ad operations staff.
• Omniture tracking: Our analytics team has provided the prop values that Legacy.com is to implement across our network of sites. Here are the values you may pull once launched to see how your obituary section performs.
• Values: prop8=legacy.com, prop17=life, prop18=announcements and prop19=obituaries
• Launch day: Once your local IT staff completes their feed work and your Wave 2 plus Legacy.com product are built, we will schedule a launch day with your market. I will contact the local digital executive and technical contact(s) with the launch day so you can finalize ad scheduling and update links on your community sites. Annette Gould will coordinate the Wave 2 components of your launch with local IT staff.
Markets already launched on Legacy.com have nothing to do now, other than continue your Wave 2 deployment for commercial ad order entry for obituaries. At the end of this project, we will be updating your co-brands to use the same design, ad placements and Omniture tracking as everyone else so our obituary network is consistent. I will email your digital executives and technical contact(s) ahead of the co-brand update.
I will be the project manager for the Legacy.com deployment, please direct any product related questions to me. Any business related or rate questions should be directed to Leslie Giallombardo.
Director of Deployment